Sunday, December 7, 2008

Nutty Broccoli Salad

I ran across this recipe the other night looking for something to do with chickpeas. It was really good - reminded me of that broccoli salad that's full of mayo and sugar! Mom and I loved that salad. I think she would have liked this, too. I don't think Dad loved it, but then sometimes he finds raw veggies hard to chew and I think it was more because of that. I used the broccoli slaw to make it easier to chew but it would be cheaper to just use chopped broccoli.

Nutty Broccoli Salad

Serves: 6-8

4 cups chopped or shredded broccoli


1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed


1/2 cup raw almonds, chopped


1/4 cup raisins

1/4 cup onions, chopped

1/3 cup oil

1/3 cup vinegar / lemon juice (I used half each)


3 tbsp soy sauce

  • Mix together broccoli, chickpeas, almonds, raisins and onions.

  • In a separate bowl, whisk oil, vinegar and soy sauce.

  • Pour dressing over salad.

  • Serve.

No comments: